Thursday, December 1, 2016

"Honey my water just broke and the baby is coming!" Oh how I wish our momma cows could speak! So they could tell us "Yes the baby is coming right now!" or "I'm in labor y'all better stick around!" or even "I think there is something wrong so come help me!". Although that is not the case, I can usually tell when a cow is getting ready to calve. Longhorns typically seclude themselves from the herd and find a nesting place of sorts. Their udders look full and ready to produce for this new life they are about to bring into the world. They also seem to be more protective than ever towards anyone and anything. Not in an aggressive matter per say. But more in a "leave me alone" kind of way. Seniorita Margarita, pleased to meet ya, is in this predicament as we speak. Impatiently awaiting her newborn.


No comments:

Post a Comment